When we were in Tennessee, we made several trips to Murfreesboro and the surrounding areas for the free things to do in Murfreesboro, TN. Out favorite was the Cannonsburgh Villiage. There is so much history there. The area is beautiful, and that makes the local parks a must see!
10 Free Things to do in Murfreesboro TN
1.Cannonsburgh Village – This village shows how life was in Tennessee in the 1800s. They have buildings you can walk in and they have lots for great plaques for info. They do many events and demonstrations as well. Check out my visit for more details.
2. Stone River Greenway – This park has 12 miles of riverfront trails to walk, bike or roller blade. It’s a great way to enjoy the weather and scenery.
3. Stones River National Park and Cemetery – The Battle of Stones River began on the last day of 1862 and was one of the bloodiest conflicts of the Civil War.
4. Old Stone Fort State Park – This is an old Native American Ceremonial ground. The museum has some great items from when they had an archeological dig. The hike around the grounds is about 1 1/4 mile and has some waterfalls to see too.
5. Fortress Rosecrans – Built after the battle at Stone River this fortress covers more than 200 acres to protect the vital parts of the railroad.
6. Nissan Motor Manufacturing Corporation USA – They give free facility tours, but you need to arrange them in advance.
7. Walk Downtown Franklin – Just a short drive from Murfreesboro is the famous Franklin Tennessee. This historic downtown full of great shops and free to walk, you can watch candy being made and even catch live street entertainment.
8. Gregory Mill Dam Park – This small neighborhood park has a splash pad and water playground for kids along with a 50 ft hexagon pavilion.
Have your visited Murfreesboro? What were your favorite things to do in murfreesboro tn?