I remember visiting Myrtle Beach as a kid, and a lot has changed since then. I remember it just being one water park after another, over time the mini-golf courses have taken over the water parks but some of the best parts of Myrtle Beach, the free parts remain the same. These are also listed on our free things to do in every state. The boardwalk the pier and more. Here are the top 10 free things to do in Myrtle Beach SC that will keep your budget and your family happy!
10 Free Things to do in Myrtle Beach SC
With rentals available all over the world, you're sure to find the perfect place to stay. Airbnb has something for everyone. Plus, with prices that are often much cheaper than traditional hotels, you'll be able to stretch your vacation budget even further.
Make sure to check out our travel deals page for any deals or sales on your next trip no matter where it is!
While traveling be sure you bring change so you can take advantage of any pressed penny machines you come across. These make great souvenirs.
1. The Beach – With everything else there is to do this is the #1 reason many of you will visit Myrtle Beach. Plus it's free.
2. Vereen Memorial Historical Gardens – This is a 115-acre nature preserve with boardwalks, and you can walk by a Civil War Cemetary!
3. Horry County Museum – Learn about Myrtle Beach's history and even its wildlife.
4. South Carolina Hall of Fame – There are many interesting people that have come from South Carolina. See them all here in the hall of fame. Some people included are eight of the signers of the Declaration of Independence and a Nobel prize winner. John C. Calhoun, Andrew Jackson, and Apollo astronaut Charles M. Duke.
5. Garden City Beach Pier – This pier is free to walk, and often they offer free concerts on the pier as well.
6. Franklin G Burroughs – Simeon B Chapin Art Museum – Lots of great contemporary art. Day to day self-tours are free, but bigger tours and events will have a fee.
7. Broadway at the Beach – I can't begin to tell you everything there is to do here, but the best thing is free, people watching and window shopping. There are tons of stores, restaurants, and attractions; it's a great exercise to walk the Broadway and just take it all in.
8. Myrtle Beach Boardwalk & Promenade – Just like Broadway at the Beach tons to take in and see, plus it's right on the water, and there are attractions like the SkyWheel you can use my tip for getting free Groupon bucks and get a free ride!
9. Barefoot Landing – This is a recreated fishing village and is located around a 27-acre lake. There is so much to see and do plus because of the lake there is a lot of wildlife to see as well
10. Market Common – Lots of dining and shopping but they offer lots of free events too so make sure to check the calendar. Events they are known for are Movies Under the Stars and live music.
If you're looking for a little summer fun, Myrtle Beach is the place to be. With miles of white sand beaches and plenty of activities to keep you busy, you'll never run out of things to do in this coastal town. And if that's not enough, most of the attractions are free! So put on your sunscreen and get ready for some fun in the sun. Have you been to Myrtle Beach? What was your favorite attraction?